Friday, July 15, 2011

Swapping Stories

On the bus tonight I heard 2 ex-GI's swap stories from being 'in the service'. Kind of hard not to hear some of those when they were right next to me.
  I was hopeful to see a county fair tonight, but the rain meant waiting for another day. I still had a date, went to the Glockenspiel restaurant in St. Paul. Good German food there. I had a half-liter glass of beer there, first time I recall drinking from that kind of glass. First time I recall having red cabbage, it tasted a little sweeter than I was used to but it was fine.
    It's rare for me to have to deposit a check, but I did today. It was a reimbursement for some of my meals from the writer convention. The odd thing was right before I present the check the bank teller said I was on her flight to Detroit last month, when I was on the way to that convention. We spoke for a little while, definitely wasn't expecting it at all-what are the odds?
   I decided to wait to pay a parking ticket until early next week, since it was raining at lunchtime and I didn't want to get soaked. I still have another week to take care of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment