Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Listen to Buck Owens

Liked one song I heard at the comedy club tonight, it was 'Looking out my back door' by CCR. I caught some name dropping in the lyrics, as 'listening to Buck Owens' was part of it. I had done this before, since I watched some of the TV show 'Hee Haw' when I was younger. Buck Owens and Roy Clark were well known as the musicians on that show.
   I was onstage tonight, tried a few new jokes and they worked well. Both were inspired by recent travels over the past 2 weekends. One of them was about the square dancing convention at the same hotel as the writer convention in Detroit that I attended. One crowd member did say 'nice work' after the show. Liked hearing the MC say something about the unabomber after I was onstage well enough that I did laugh at it. Not much different from hearing Dahmer impressions, best thing to do is laugh them off.
   Went out for a walk at lunchtime today, while the monthly check of sirens was being done. Needed to mail a bill, and before that I went over to a location that has a walk of fame. There were 5 in it, and I had passed by it many times before but decided to get pictures of it this time. Included are: Hubert Humphrey, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Charles Schulz, Herb Brooks, and Charles Lindbergh. I like how eventually I do get things crossed off my list.

No comments:

Post a Comment