Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Melon Flavor Varnish

I had a dental appointment after work and was given melon flavor varnish on my teeth, I think I had done the mint before. Found more Charlie Brown and Snoopy statues, 7 in all. 2 at a library, 5 at a cafe in a nearby town. Thrilled how I'm finding so many. Made it to the comedy club after that, found out when my contest night is next month.
    Due to the dental work I figured it was no big deal if I didn't show up when the show started at the club, since I would be unable to have a beer anyway. It was odd how the dental assistant talks a lot to me about my dating life, but I've seen this in others as well. For some reason people are considered to be more desirable- and more in demand- when they're part of a couple. But she also asked me about concerts I had attended, and what I thought about Amy Winehouse, the musician that just died at age 27 from drug problems a few days earlier. I said I thought she was a trainwreck as all too often I heard way more about her drug problems than I did about her music. I'm asked about doing comedy as well, I like knowing how it's a door opener and a conversation starter but I didn't think it was that big of a deal to have the courage to take the stage. But I keep hearing from many who say they would have stage fright. So maybe it is. I know some who don't answer the call when their name is called, such a waste.   

No comments:

Post a Comment