Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Animal Crackers And The Zoo

    At the office today in the afternoon we had people giving us a little bag of animal crackers to promote attending the company outing at Como Zoo in August. I should be able to make it this time since there is no wedding (2 years ago) or writers convention (last year) to attend this time. I was on the phone with the help desk (or not-much help desk) about issues logging into and out of Kronos, the time card system. It is taking too long, and it got annoying when it took 5 minutes to stamp in from lunch. A ticket was opened and apparently somebody onsite will be looking at it, don't know when. I also got something about creating an online profile at my employer, about being entered into a drawing for $500. I saw a stickie from an AA asking if I needed help creating one. I said it just hasn't made the top of my priority list yet when I am usually occupied for the entire day with more duties now, most every day.
   At the comedy club tonight, I spoke more with the preschool teacher about the blog. I do like to
discuss my writings as I enjoy writing. It is helpful to get another perspective, she said these people are like characters since I gave them names. In many ways this is true, as some appear more than others do. She was the first comic after the MC, and did a joke about wearing an outfit at the office that made her look like Huck Finn. Others were about the caterpillar book, and singing the song 'Down by the bay' in her preschool class.
     The laundry comic did the bakery, prison, and prostitute joke. He also did the movie night with his kids joke. Happy meal did ones about karaoke, heavy metal music played by his neighbors, and a clumsy girl on a date. The software developer did one about teddy bears for his daughter. The 'Extra murder' comic did ones about a new apartment, phone books, a donut burger at food truck day, and a friend's man cave. The sub teacher did the history tattoo joke, and I like history jokes. The godmother was show closer, and led with the bucket list joke. Others were about an inquisitive cashier, Edina tennis, and the mailman wearing latex gloves. The Texas native and barber did one about oxymorons. Rut-Roh did ones about 'An arm and a leg', and Smash Mouth. Capital city did one about a 'Jannie'. The Kentucky native did one about discovering music, since he grew up in a strict religious family.
  After the show ended, I drove home and liked hearing 'Closer to free' by the Bodeans on my car radio. It was the theme song to the TV show 'Party of Five' on Fox, Neve Campbell was on it. I liked screaming during the part where you hear a scream early in the song. Also notable today was the International Falls native asking me on Facebook if I had called Minnesota Public Radio. I said no, but I like many of their shows. Apparently he liked buying books real cheap and likes to read biographies. We have some things in common.

No comments:

Post a Comment