Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Green Leaves On Chili

     I went to another Vietnam event at a Minneapolis café tonight, but it sounded like there was confusion as to when it would start. I understood 6pm, and very few people were there when I arrived. A server understood 7pm. So I ordered some chili and ice tea, as I needed to eat. There were green leaves on top of the chili, I hadn't seen this before. I took most of them off, but the one leaf I tried did taste fine. I asked for crackers as I am used to having them with soup or chili. I was given oyster crackers. Eventually the event coordinator showed up, and it was fairly informal. It was moved outside. There may be another event later this month, will wait to hear more about it in terms of the when and where.
   Then it was over to the comedy club, and the software developer was MC. He did the one about his daughter calling him at work a lot. When I saw how the big dog arrived, I went out to say hi. I also spoke of a sketch idea I have, will hope for the best. He suggested I read a certain playwright that I hadn't heard of yet. The International Falls native did one about dream catchers. Others were about a police dog poem, and a smart IUD. Mr. Pibb did one about the 55 year old friend. Others were about no walls at the bakery, and rubbing a tag. A comic I think I will call 'Ding Dong Ditch', but didn't do this joke tonight, spoke of being raised Catholic. Others were about a hierarchy at the potluck, and how she once stole communion. Morton Salt did one about what he bought at Walgreen. The Tetris comic did one about being called a local hero, and said he rescued a baby. Others were about the crowd not being in the splash zone, and the Wisconsin story. He saw a 'Born and raised' shirt at a gas station, and was threatened, in the latter.
   The big dog did one about getting married, and how his friends are rude but not about this subject. He didn't want her to leave, and the vows made him think of a Japanese man when they said 'Honor'- and I liked the voice impression. Others were about internet dating commercials, and seeing a dead body. After the show I liked how he was discussing the business of comedy, mainly about online videos for his troupe known as The Turkeys. The godmother did one about a bucket list. Others were about the drunk girl at the salon, saving turtles, being spooned by a dog, and how she's not a fan of camping. She also did ones about being stalked by a classmate, acronyms, and the mailman wearing latex gloves. The Kentucky native did one about 'Being willing to work here', and a Barnes and Noble book signing. Auto-correct started off by saying she has the same therapist as the MC. She had an ultrasound on her leg, and babies have stolen all of her friends. The bartender had been in the hospital, and did the 'Taco-cat' joke as well. The laundry comic was show closer, and did one about movie night with his kids. Another was about his wife giving birth.

No comments:

Post a Comment