Thursday, July 3, 2014

Into Your Arms, Lemonheads

    Tonight I went to the St. Paul Saints game. Plenty of music was played, I recognized 'Into your arms' by the Lemonheads though not all of the song was played. I also recognized samplings of Led Zeppelin songs, 'When the levee breaks' and 'Dyer maker'- probably my two favorites of theirs. Big crowd at the baseball game, the video board said it was over 9,000 and said it was an attendance record. The 4th of July fireworks show usually is a big crowd. There were lines for all of the food stands. I got bratwurst and some bottled water. I finally got to my seat near the end of the 1st inning. Later on I did get a bag of peanuts and ate half of them at the game. The Saints were playing the
Fargo-Moorhead Red Hawks, and lost 5-4. The Red Hawks got single runs in the 1st, 4th and 6th to go ahead 3-0. The Saints finally got on the board in the 7th, narrowing it to 3-2. Both teams scored 2 in the 8th, for the final score. I was the last one on the little bus taking us back to Gabe's bar after the game. I noticed the check engine light was on and the odometer had over 300,000 miles on it. When I got home the first thing I did was go to my neighborhood grocery store to get a frozen dinner, and I made it there just minutes before closing time. I did see a Facebook invite about a 4th of July parade just before midday from a comedian friend, Grizzly Adams. Aside from the Saints game I hadn't finalized any plans yet for the holiday weekend. I plan on checking the paper to get some ideas. It was a catch-up day at work and I liked how I was able to get plenty done, including the second pack of contracts.

No comments:

Post a Comment