Friday, July 25, 2014

Take Your Memory With You, Vince Gill

    For some reason I had a line from a song stuck in my head at work today. It was from 'Take your memory with you' by Vince Gill. Another was 'You'll think of me' by Keith Urban. Eventually it was
'A better man' by Clint Black. All are about relationships ending. I must have been thinking about how mine ended nearly a year ago.
   The political science guy spoke of a Rainbow Foods, now a Cub, in Uptown Minneapolis being where he would do drunk grocery shopping. This was spurred by seeing a full-page ad in the Minneapolis paper today, about the number of Twin City locations that Cub has, 'over 77 stores'.
   In the evening I made it to the Chicago hot dog place, known as Chris and Rob's, and the employee I know there did ask what my plans were after eating. I said I would be headed to a comedy show, and after I had placed my order one of his colleagues spoke of 'Last Comic Standing' and I said 5 of my friends were on that TV program. I had the typical order, tater tots and a chili cheese dog with some onions.
    At the comedy show, Fantasia had just finished his set before I sat down. IED/IUD did one about Fight Club laundry, somebody setting their house on fire, along with her dad being disappointed with her sports abilities. Bus fare did one about state fair horse shows and being from an orphanage. Rut-roh did one about the band Smash Mouth, and their Twitter response, 'you're a ham', and doing laundry. The Louisiana native did one about eating pretzels, and I got a shout-out for the QB joke. The nurses aide did one about dance lessons, suggesting she should be a stripper. Another was about a server vs. hooker comparison. She has an hourglass shape, due to a pitcher of beer. The former Perkins employee did one about Where's Waldo, and a family cruise. The Maryland native did one about attending a hockey game, being bad at pick-up lines, and Urkel. Tortoise and hare did one about a DUI. Others were about a tax rebate at White Castle, a Cobain impression, and a plastic rifle. A brilliant one was about Burger King, Dairy Queen, Carl's Jr., and Taco Bell. Mr. Pibb did one about rap sound effects. Another was about no walls at a bakery. The former restaurant host did one about Comcast customer service. Another was about jobs for rappers. Netflix did one about part of a skit from the previous show, which I didn't see. The fever comic did one about being frugal by stealing, and deer suicide fundamentalists. Grocery delivery did this joke, and how a colleague said e could lose a lot of weight from it but he is already thin.     

No comments:

Post a Comment