Thursday, July 17, 2014

Changing Cubicles

     It was moving day at work. I changed cubicles around midday. Our I.T. guy found me and asked when I was going to lunch and said I would be moved around then. I spent most of my lunch moving things over after he moved my computer and phone. So I didn't have soup, I went into the skyway and got a sandwich from a convenience store. My collectibles were placed in a copy paper box and I still need the time to get them displayed the way I want, in a covered overhead storage shelf. A few things were thrown out, but not much. I had plenty of empty Fed-Ex packs, and threw them out. I knew the pull-tab bank for Ronald McDonald house was full, so I finally emptied it into a plastic bucket in the main break room.
   I had to call again for service about my laptop anti-virus protection, and it took a while for it to be corrected. I fell asleep before it was completed. I also watched 2 'Big Bang Theory' episodes. The syndicated rerun was when Penny borrowed money from Sheldon. The prime time episode was where Leonard was wearing an uncomfortable red sweater since Sheldon said it was a 'Teachable moment' related to a rental DVD that was found in the same box.
   I have heard about some shows for the upcoming Fringe Festival, my comedian friends are doing some of them. I have been sent Facebook invites for four of them. Now I am trying to figure out how to get to each show that is of interest to me. It may be hard to do when there are 7 on my list! Coupled with the first weekend being the same one as Canadian Days, an annual festival in Little Canada I like to attend, I may have to make some tough choices and not go to all 7 shows. It would be very ambitious of me, since I made it to just one show last year, and one show 2 years ago. I did a
a preliminary study of the schedule, and it looks like I would have to see more than one show on some days.                  

No comments:

Post a Comment