Monday, July 21, 2014

Burn And Brew Podcast

     I went to Burnsville tonight to be part of a podcast recording, called burn and brew. This of course is not where I typically go, but I will give up a comedy night when I have a good reason. This was my first-ever podcast, so it was a good reason. I made it there well in advance, no problem finding the place in a strip mall. I found that the experience being on the sub teacher's AM radio show was helpful, and quite relatable. The best idea is to wait for the host to call on you. I won this appearance at a silent auction. It was at the Die Laughing comedy marathon in April. I bid on it as it was for a lower amount than the others. The burn was a cigar, not much experience with this. The brew was from Wisconsin, it tasted fine to me.    
    I also looked into more internet dating events, in-person ones. A colleague suggested it, the one who said she would be a Twitter follower if I joined that social media site. I went to Match dot-com and found out apparently I already had a profile uploaded, from when I lived in suburban chicago. And I left there 10 years ago. It is hard to remember all of the websites I have registered with in the past, especially if I haven't been on their site in a while. I needed to make a list so I more closely keep track of the passwords and such. I did some editing and imported photos from Facebook. Once I changed the city to Minneapolis, I did see some events available, each one has a different fee to pay. So we will take it from there. I of course must wait for approval of my profile after all of the edits. The other thing will be figuring out when I have the time to attend some of these in-person events, when I go to comedy shows often. But I think I can find a way, even if not right away since we are still in what I call 'baseball and museum season'.   

No comments:

Post a Comment