Thursday, July 24, 2014

Venus In Fur Movie

    This evening I went to see the movie 'Venus In Fur' in Edina. I checked the Minneapolis paper's website, and it said this was the final night, just one week, not being held over. The story was familiar from seeing the play version at the Jungle Theater in Minneapolis last year. It was in subtitled French, directed by Roman Polanski. I hadn't eaten dinner by the time I arrived at the theater, so I got a small bag of popcorn there. I had to order the popcorn and ticket at the same counter, nobody was staffed at the ticket booth. After the movie I went to the nearby Walgreen and got more baseball cards, a pack of 100. I also got a small pack of peanuts, but I stopped eating them fairly quickly as it was too much salt after having the popcorn. When I got home I did get some cards in the binder, but it was the pack of 36 from over the weekend. I had 5 duplicate cards and I destroyed them. I liked getting a free publication at the theater, it was about donuts and beer. It was said it was 'Homer Simpson's dream'. The beer was a bottle of Grain Belt.
   I did watch a syndicated rerun of Big Bang Theory before I headed out to see the movie. It was the one were Penny gets a nemesis, as she ends up fighting with the new tenant that gets plenty of attention from the guys.         

No comments:

Post a Comment