Saturday, July 26, 2014

Postcard Show In Eagan

    I went to a postcard show in Eagan in the afternoon. I got 11 postcards, 7 were from the Chicago World's Fair in 1933. One was a duplicate, I will be giving it to the political science guy as it was about the Russian leaders from World War One. Two of the world's fair postcards were of General Motors, one was of the research rainbow and the other the Chevrolet assembly line. I also got ones of the Sears building, Seminole Village, a second Firestone card, and the British leaders from Pantheon De La Guerre, the same series as the duplicate Russian card. With the other four cards, two were of Minnesota. One was from the State Fairgrounds and the other from Como Park. The other two were from Chicago, of one of the forts known as Fort Dearborn, and New Orleans, of Tulane stadium AKA the Sugar Bowl. I had to laugh after leaving the postcard show as I looked around a little at the community center where the event was held. In one room I heard an instrumental version of the 'Muppet Show' theme song. Before the show I went to the Saints baseball stadium and got a ticket for a game at the end of the month. It was hard to compete with the PA announcer when I tried to
communicate with the ticket office employee. I was informed a corporate event for Super-America was in progress.
   I went to McDonald's in the morning for an Egg McMuffin, and now I have enough stickers for a free drink. I needed five, and two were on abandoned cups. It was their trash, my treasure. In the evening I listened some to the sub teacher's radio show. Topics included comic book movies and the war in the Gaza Strip. I also got more baseball cards, and got them in binders tonight. There were 236 cards, just 18 were duplicates. The dups will be destroyed, much like before. When I was at Target to get sheet protectors, and some of the cards, I heard the song 'Jar of Hearts' by Christina Perri coming from a car radio. It was a girl who passed by me when I was heading inside the store, as I had already parked my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment