Sunday, July 20, 2014

Basket Case, Green Day

    I went to a music venue tonight in Minneapolis, and did karaoke, then comedy. The song I chose was 'Basket Case' by Green Day. I started off by saying it was one I could relate to. Much like before, I really enjoyed it and I seem to be good at it. One comic even decided to come closer to the stage and dance to it, and we high-fived. I traded places with the red-faced comic, who did the guitar set. He wanted to be moved up as he was meeting someone at another venue. My comedy set included jokes about arguing on message boards, graffiti I saw in the bathroom, my date this weekend, and when I got pizza after it. The one about message boards was inspired by hearing the MC, the international falls native, do a joke about her experience arguing on message boards. After my time on stage, I did thank the MC for the stage time and said I was really honest about the story I told about my date. I am hopeful about getting a second date, but know it is best to hold back enthusiasm as I have been turned down a lot. When I got back from the show, I did get a message from my date. It said 'Nice to meet me' but also 'Wish you all the best in dating and meeting new people'. I asked for clarification, and wanted to know if there was an interest in a second date. But I have heard this line before, so I am thinking this is another 'One and done', sadly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment