Sunday, February 8, 2015

Good 2 Grow Juice

    Tonight I stopped at a Super-America in Uptown Minneapolis for a quick roller grill dinner before a comedy show. I wanted a drink, but something smaller than typical. So I chose the Good 2 Grow juice. These have what is not your typical caps on them. It is called a 'Spill-proof cap'. I recognize them as characters from children's stories. I chose the one with Thomas the Tank Engine, as I know this story a little. I dated somebody who introduced me to this story, and the writer was known as the 'Puff-puff parson' since he was a preacher. This was apple juice, 6 ounces, so it fit what I was looking for. I ate just outside the comedy venue, I know this is not the first time I have done this since I live what I call 'The manic life of a comedian'. I arrived just after the show started, while Michigan was performing. Of course this show is run by Mr. Pibb, and Tortoise. Other performers included Extra murder, somebody who played a guitar and sang about wearing the same outfit on consecutive days, and a comic I saw last month in Rochester. He was show closer, much like last night, and is based in Fargo.
   I stayed in for a while today, wanted to get caught up on various little things like getting stamps placed on a page. I looked at a book of stamps I have bought from E-Bay, mostly baseball stamps, and decided to order some more. It is a set of 6 stamps from Ajman- in the Middle East- from 1969, which includes Stan Musial. I already had Musial stamps from St. Vincent, Grenada, and Ras Al Khaima. I also read the Minneapolis paper from Friday, and there was an article about a comedy venue I frequent having an anniversary show, 10 years. I recognized many of those in the photos- International Falls, opera singer, postage stamp, Michigan, and Mr. Pibb. I also listened to 2 comedy CDs. This would be number 20 and 21 done by friends. The first I re-listened to, from Michigan. I couldn't read my notes from over a week ago. The other was from Happy Meal, the one I had just acquired last night. When I did Facebook postings about both I did get some likes and comments about it. Neck tattoo said he really wanted the latter CD after I wrote about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment