Thursday, February 26, 2015

Main Breakroom Unavailable

   In the afternoon I went to have lunch and noticed most things has been moved out of the main break room. I knew it would be unavailable soon, but figured it would not be until Friday. Somebody joked about how I should sit at the same table as a colleague in protest, she didn't want to leave just yet. I went to a smaller one to eat up my soup and ate it in the HR conference room. An interview was happening near the end so I finished in the smaller break room. They are laying some tile.
   Tonight I went to the Gopher hockey game, the Minnesota Gophers were playing the Michigan State Spartans. I had a really good seat, row seven behind the benches, so center ice. Minnesota trailed for a while. Spartans got the first goal about a minute and a half in on a power play, and two more near the midway point of the first period. Gophers got their first goal near the end of the period, 3-1 Spartans. Gophers tied it and went ahead by the end of the second period, with the first goal at about three minutes in, then the tying one about four minutes later. The go-ahead was near the end of the period, 4-3 Gophers. The final goal of the night was an empty- netter in the final minute, Gophers won 5-3. Gophers outshot the Spartans practically all night, even when they were trailing. The best thing they could do was keep shooting the puck, and eventually it paid off.
   I liked seeing the team pictures on the wall, especially the ones with Herb Brooks as a player or coach. He was smiling in some, still surprises me as he was portrayed as usually being dour. After the game I rode the train back to my car and noticed one man was asleep. He was an older man with a white beard, and had a container full of what looked like children's toys. One was Big Bird playing an instrument, possibly a trumpet. Another was a phone on wheels. These were hard plastic toys. The container looked like one of those sold to restaurants that would have held tartar sauce or something similar. I picked up a little trash and threw it out when I got off the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment