Saturday, February 14, 2015

Le Cirque Rouge Burlesque

    I went to see the Le Cirque Rouge burlesque show at the Amsterdam Bar in downtown St. Paul tonight. I got a free beer from the front-woman of a local band as I was asked to record their time onstage. This segment lasted over 30 minutes, and the camera shut off during the final song so I still got most of it. She predicted this might happen. Many of the songs I recognized from their CD. And as usual, she makes me laugh. I got two photos after the show ended, one was of the hostess and the other of a poster advertising the show. I was impressed with many of the things I saw, like a 'Rubber ducky' routine. I recall this was a Bert and Ernie song, the 'Sesame Street' characters. Another was somebody playing a ukulele tied around their neck. The hostess had a 'trilogy', it included a song, 'Is that all there is?' and I recognized a Muppets routine, 'Buhdudududuh'. I liked getting a shout-out when I was recording, as I was near the stage and she heard me laughing.
   It was a day of errand running. One of those things was going to the library to E-file my federal income tax return through H and R block. I haven't done the state tax return just yet, but I want to have it done soon so I will try to find the time to do it this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment