Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Here Comes The Hotstepper

   At Wii dancing in the afternoon we danced to various songs, one of them was 'Here comes the hot-stepper'. I like the line about a 'Lyrical gangster', as it reminds me of 'Gangster of love' in a song by the Steve Miller band. Others were song 2 by Blur, Funky-town, Crying blood, and Chicken payback. We had more than typical, I was one of four, often it is just two.
   The company calendar arrived, I am one of ten photos for the month of April. As expected it is a thumbnail, head shot, and I am sharing the month mostly with those from foreign countries like India or the Philippines. There is somebody from Canton, OH, and I have been there so I could see the Pro Football Hall of Fame on a 2009 visit where I also went to Columbus. I have two copies as I got one from my 'Work spouse' as well. Hopefully there will be more, as I would like to give them to friends in the comedy circuit.
   For some reason I thought of the song 'Judas' by Lady Gaga, maybe since it is Ash Wednesday. I have a religious coworker who doesn't like it. I recall saying one lyric sums it up in my book: in the most Biblical sense I am beyond repentance. The video I found on Youtube depicts Christ and the disciples as a motorcycle gang. I recognize some things in it like the betrayal and the foot-washing, I called it 'Monday Thursday' though it is actually 'Maundy'. A generation earlier some were bothered by what was depicted in the video for Madonna's 'Like a Prayer' since it referred to Biblical stories as well.
    I did perform at the comedy club tonight, mostly the same jokes as the night before. There was a problem with a group of hecklers early on but they left before I took the stage. It went well on doing these jokes again. I added one since I followed Mason City, and thought of one where I was in his hometown and being at continental breakfast at the hotel. I got to everything on my list except one. After the show I did greet some well-wishers. With one I spoke of family history and their arrival in Iowa before the Civil War to be close to the Braille school near Cedar Rapids, the same school where a sister of Laura Ingalls attended.
    Also at the comedy club, Ding-dong did ones about short sheet beds, can't trust them, storage wars, puberty and menopause, and Japanese cartoons. Bathtub did ones about where's the candy?, shop-
lifting at Barnes and Noble, sell the e-readers, a Cub Foods urn, and acid reflux. Software developer did ones about blocked on Twitter, 50 Shades of Grey, vanity plates, and we will have 2 monsters. No-mic did ones about a car upside down, living in Australia, a warm Canada, dreaming about BBQ chicken, and fake bacon. Mason City did ones about a cat show, a you are awesome button, Ace of Base, shaving naked at YMCA, Cheap Trick is from here, say Mama, follow rainbow, Johnny Cash bio, and a dirty text message. Blind side did ones about parents split up as an adult, women complete with each other, and TGI Fridays. Radio personality did ones about having a sword, zombie apocalypse, and Mom said wear cargo pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment