Monday, February 2, 2015

Summer Songs In Winter

   While driving to and from the comedy club tonight I thought it was odd to hear some summer songs this time of year. It was 'Boys of summer' by Don Henley, and 'Magic' by The Cars. Or was it? Since it is Groundhog Day? As expected, there were a few jokes about the movie 'Groundhog Day'.
  I got back to the office and found out no one did letters for me when I was out on Friday. Sadly this didn't surprise me, so I was crazy-busy in the afternoon and I did get them caught up by the end of the day. I let an event coordinator know we didn't have it on the online calendar yet about the next mentoring event in March. I wanted to be able to plan out when I need to schedule vacation days. I will also hopefully hear more about my student, who has sent just one email so far. He also wasn't at Friday's event.
    At the comedy club tonight, Louisiana did ones about Neosporin, before cell phones, how fast the earth moves. I got a shout-out from one comic who did ones about a BBQ chicken dream, and late to the liquor store. Apron did one about a nacho theft. Long straw did ones about married at age 24, and Sudafed, bullets and moonshine at Casey's. A comic from out of town who knows school bouncer did ones about airport charges, security, and her hair. Locks of love did ones about Betty Ford, self-driving cars, and mental illness. Bus fare did ones about Whitney Houston, state fair horse show, a horse died, and most pets don't love you. Mr. Pibb did ones about Mountain Dew, Hooters trivia, and who's Princess Diana? Resistable comic did ones about a hipster roommate, what cats eat, too red for Target, donate plasma, and carpet/drapes. Maryland did ones about an orgy, condo, golf, and Nike. Extra murder did ones about Sex World, Nike jump rope, Kit Kat bar, and going to a strip club. A
comic back from New York did ones about pray gay away, a dog building, and neighbors. The former MC did ones about a studio apartment and working construction. Laundry did ones about squat it out, roundabouts, polar bear plunge,  and sex over consequences. School bouncer did ones about Redbox, donate laundry, Fox sports or Fox news, Clinton and Obama, kid in field, and Packer player chant. Bathtub did ones about Teen Wolf, petting zoo at a wedding, Far and Away, and a
hipster. Tetris did ones about reboot system, Best Buy ad, Scientology brochures, fake taxis, Windows 95, and a jar at Target.     

No comments:

Post a Comment