Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Minnesota Capitol Construction

   I went to the Minnesota state capitol today to meet my representatives. The building is under construction, but I liked the tunnels connecting buildings. I got two pictures, one was of a wooden barber pole pointing people towards the barber shop in the state office building. The other was a welcome sign to the capitol, in the tunnel. I had the day off from work to get there. Now it means finding out when I might make it to this barber shop, since I am told it is closed on weekends.
   I made some more E-bay orders this afternoon. All five were first day cover stamps. Three are from foreign countries- Canada, France, and Hungary. I liked finding stamps honoring comedians. This included ones about Charlie Chaplin, and Jim Carrey. I searched for others about Charles Lindbergh and his famous flight, and I found the one from France. I ordered a commemorative sheet of the American series honoring comedians- didn't recognize the name of the lady comic but I had heard of the others.
   I went to the comedy club tonight, and spoke of being at the capitol. Notable was seeing Magic Man. I let Fish Noodle know what his nickname is in this forum. International Falls did ones about bag of ground coffee, bathtub of blood, and mom a hypochondriac. Fish Noodle did ones about woman running in heels, pet elimination, and cancer and Alzheimer's. Mr. Pibb did ones about last meal, Pop Tarts, Dad tries to kiss, dated an identical twin, parent trap, and want a hot towel? Magic Man did ones about no piñata for mom, Minnesota Daily it counts, take kids to lake, and plans for Lent. Tortoise did ones about a new roommate, I love chips, fedoras, Grand Theft Auto, and Lady Pac-Man. A newer comic did ones about pimping, you all live in condos, tats you can cover up, and I've been tall skinny. Apron did one about round of drinks. A Cheapo Records girl did ones about being adopted at age 9, Rumpelstiltskin, Sex World and Denny's, suicide hotline, not in high school, looks little, and a shopping cart. The Crow did ones about a button, server in Hopkins, and his dad and knuckle sandwiches. A comic who spoke of being native did ones about loving comic books, Home Improvement kids, young Rosie O'Donnell, renters insurance, how much I don't own, and wants to be a hipster.
   After the show I liked hearing the song called 'Love of Mine'. There was a commercial on the TV monitors about events in Asia 1192, England 1459, and England 1680. I think it was a Flo Progressive insurance commercial.

No comments:

Post a Comment