Sunday, February 15, 2015

Watch Said Goodbye

    In the past year I saw a quick decline in the condition of my wristwatch. First the band came off, then it went to showing 'Armed forces time'. Well today I heard the hourly chimes while getting baseball cards into binders. So eventually I went to shut it off, I heard the chime once more and then the digits froze. Game over. Not sure if I will replace it when I have an alarm clock and a cell phone that shows me the time. I am trying to recall how long I had this one, it was something like ten years. I went with saying 'Watch said goodbye' as I think one of my friends from the comedy circuit has a joke about a machine shutting off which sounded like a sad goodbye, for some reason I am thinking it is Tetris.
   I was pleased with doing the baseball cards this time, just got another pack of 100 at Target and it seemed to be a lower duplicate rate than before, just 10. I also completed the state income tax forms, just need to make my own copies and mail them which I can do on Monday.
   In the evening I went to a comedy show at the Turf Club in St. Paul. International falls was hosting, and bathtub was show closer. The front-woman of a local band also performed, didn't recognize her at first since she was wearing glasses. With her costume changes I may have to call her chameleon. She made me laugh when she tried doing a comedy bit between songs and then said 'Maybe I should do another song'. Fantasia also performed. It was in the clown lounge, the basement part of the venue. I got photos of it from the Gus Lynch memorial and two of the paintings are on my Facebook page. I arrived early, an hour before show-time, and decided to look around at the nearby Rainbow Foods where I found some Valentines Day candy. One had a plush Snoopy attached to some canfies, he is wearing heart-shaped sunglasses so I like having it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment