Saturday, February 28, 2015

Weezer Song, Snapchat

   I went to a comedy show tonight and found out one of the servers got me on her camera phone singing along to a Weezer song, 'Say it ain't so'. So I spoke of how it more than one meaning to me, as I like baseball a lot and I know this refers to the 1919 Black Sox scandal. I also said even though I liked the song, I like another Weezer song more, 'Island in the sun'. Sub teacher was MC and I got a business card from the feature act, a Chicago native now in Los Angeles, when I spoke of doing comedy myself. I liked his joke about taking a homophobic friend to a gay bar. He also did jokes about being divorced and what his marriage was like. The headliner was from a New Orleans suburb but also spoke of living in New York City and California. She had some good jokes about stay at home moms and going to a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese's. Another was not used to seeing a fully clothed woman onstage, as well as marriage like the movie Groundhog Day.
    Sub teacher did ones about fell down on its own, a brides-man, sex press conference, the third person, crushing lack of freedom, litter-box as plan C, my reasons are my own (where I got a shout out), birth control differences, square dance caller, punch what's different, tinder in Williston, ND, nothing with rape in it, make friendships awkward, and rough abstinence.
   In the afternoon I went to the library to print some things and then went to a Target store to get a pair of winter shoes, mine were in need of replacement. It was one of four items, also got some baseball cards, a small can of Pringles, and a Charlie Brown and Snoopy DVD. I listened to sub teacher's radio show in the evening before heading to the show. He had one guest on, Grizzly Adams. Subjects covered included the Oscars, as well as Jeb Bush as a presidential candidate.  

No comments:

Post a Comment