Saturday, February 7, 2015

Greenfield Village, Dearborn

    I uploaded four photos from a Michigan visit in 1999 for the comic known as Michigan earlier today, since I had recently spoken of visits to that state. I liked how it wasn't too hard to find them, but I do keep them in photo albums so of course this makes it much easier. There was about 24 to choose from but this was pre-digital cameras so the quality isn't all that great on some of them, and not all were close-ups. I went to the state capitol in Lansing, then the nearby state university. Some were from the places of interest near my hotel room, as I was just a mile or so from the two big
sports arenas in Oakland County, the Silver-dome and Palace. Still not sure which town I was actually in at the hotel, a Motel 6, it was either Pontiac or Auburn Hills as I was close to the city borders there.
    One of these uploaded was from Greenfield Village in Dearborn, a clock tower. Another was Spartan Stadium, the football venue at Michigan State University in East Lansing. The final two were of Tiger Stadium in Detroit, its final season. This was at the end of the visit and the main reason why I traveled there. I saw a pitching duel, Tigers beat the Boston Red Sox 1-0.
    I went to a comedy show tonight, it was an anniversary event, and many of my friends were performing. I also got a comedy CD from Happy Meal, it had just arrived. It is number 21 done by friends. Before this I went to the Soap Factory for an exhibit opening, I was on duty near the end as a volunteer to see that the bartender had enough drinks to sell. Some of the art was video. I liked the one of a tandem bicycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment