Wednesday, February 8, 2017

already enough sponsors

after testing out the water I decided to get registered for the polar plunge this morning. it didn't take long before I had enough sponsors to plunge. I needed $75 and I already have $100. this surprised me a little, but I did reach out on facebook to my friends in the comedy circuit. I let a swear word slip when the message came in, and my boss heard it and asked what was happening. well I have more time than expected to psyche myself up for it. my guess is I am ahead of most people at the office on the fundraising. godmother, dictionary, and Hillary Clinton look-alike were the sponsors. the other was listed as 'anonymous', but I had a comic tell me who it was, themselves.
   I brought in cookies for my service anniversary, 18 years. but we didn't have a table in a high traffic area, so they were left in an empty cube. so only half of them were eaten. so a 'sequel' is in order.
    I went to the iowa-minnesota basketball game tonight at Williams arena. Minnesota won 101-89 in double overtime. it likely surprised some since Minnesota led by 11 at the half. thankful how I got on a train after the game right away, arriving just as it pulled into the station. then I took it across the river to where my car was parked.
   i did make it to the performance venue after the game. i did ones about the game i saw, replacing a TV, a super bowl date, a facebook anniversary video, failed interview, polar plunge, and the cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment