Sunday, February 19, 2017

cracker barrel macaroni and cheese

I like trying items from the discount table at my neighborhood grocery store. one item I picked up this weekend was cracker barrel macaroni and cheese. I have eaten at the only cracker barrel location in Minnesota, in Lakeville, but it has been a while. what I liked was apparently not needing milk and butter for it, as there was no mention of it on the directions on the box. boil the water, add the macaroni, and eventually let the cheese sauce ooze out of the package. then of course mix well. I did add some chunks of spam to it, an entire can. I had one serving for lunch, and will have the other the next day as I have Monday off for presidents day. there were plenty of boxes available at the discount table as I recall, but I just decided to pick up one. the box said it expired early this month, but I didn't mind. some foods are still edible, even after the expiration date. but once I know this, after buying it I try to consume it fairly quickly. usually it is just days later, definitely before the next weekly visit to the grocery store.
   I spent plenty of time today getting various souvenirs, from performing or otherwise, into the binder. then I also decided to use the shredder on the junk mail, most got processed but it stopped after a while, I know this is a safety thing. I did go performing this afternoon, the donut party. I did ones about the match not from Chicago, long call with my dad, panhandler in skyway, 'bad dates' play, and spire credit union.
   dad called me this evening, just before 'the simpsons' began, I probably should have let it go to voicemail since I like watching that show. he was telling me about some comedian from over 50 years ago that he saw on some show doing impressions, George Kirby I am not mistaken. so this became another long call.
    I also picked up some supplies throughout the day. before the comedy show I went to Walgreen and got some soap and razors. then after the show it was to Walmart and got a photo album for postcards and business envelopes for my tax returns. after the call it was to a CD shop where I got a Pearl Jam CD, 'riot act'. I also was on facebook communicating with my cousin who lives in west des moines. it was in reference to Dad saying she had seen some of my comedy sets on youtube. found out this wasn't true. what is true is that she knows I have been performing.

No comments:

Post a Comment