Sunday, February 5, 2017

the comedian movie

saw the movie 'the comedian' in Roseville this morning. I was trying to find a super bowl movie that fit my schedule and this was it, a 10:30 showing. it starred Robert de niro. I did recognize some of the cameo appearances but not all of them. it has a good cast, liked seeing danny de vito in it, along with cloris leachman. as a performer I liked how it covered the business of doing comedy. a few scenes involving a lot of arguing were tough for me to watch, but I liked this movie. I think it compares well to other recent movies about comedy performers- such as 'sleepwalk with me', 'obvious child', and 'don't think twice'. I found some of it to be relatable, about being spotted when out and about. along with people asking for you to perform when spotted.
    it was a busy day. I also went to get a new t.v. at best buy near the theater. it is a Westinghouse, a brand that had name recognition as my family had a refrigerator with this brand name. I grumble about having to get a new TV, but the RCA I had lasted a while, 17 years. this is the third I have owned, and the first I purchased. I got one as a graduation gift, a zenith. the RCA was something I won in a contest at my workplace when I was in suburban Chicago. hopefully this one will last a while. I got it hooked up just in time to watch the super bowl, the kickoff was the first thing I saw. I of course needed to do things like channel scan first. I brought it home from the best buy, then went to perform at the donut party. I did ones about the TV, the movie, a date on a super bowl sunday, being a plus one, riding the elevator, and a facebook anniversary video.
   with the super bowl I liked seeing the lady gaga halftime show, as I have seen her in concert twice. I spent more time online when Atlanta was way ahead, but new England closed the gap. it was 28-3 at one point but tied at 28 at the end of regulation. so it was the first overtime super bowl, and new England won 34-28. after it I went to a going-away party for two friends who are moving to the los angeles area, tetris and jane goodall. I liked seeing many people that I knew there. it seemed like a good idea to go, not just to see friends but also since I have been documenting the comedy scene on an unofficial basis. I got one photo of people at the table. it meant plenty to be hugging people there as it has become my circle of friends.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment