Thursday, February 16, 2017

yammer, jabber, twitter

I had another article due for the company newsletter, this one a how-to, and I devoted the time to it in the afternoon. I decided to write about our internal social media platform, called 'yammer'. not to be confused with 'jabber', our instant messaging system. even though these words are synonyms, the systems are nothing alike. and when I was confirming them being synonyms I found out 'twitter' is another synonym. my first posting was about writing the article, and the response was 'welcome' from the AA that I ended up submitting to. there was one 'like' to the posting, from somebody I didn't know, likely from an office in another city. getting more exposure to the company as a whole may help with more article ideas in the future. I have hated having to ask others for article ideas.
    I made it to the performance venue tonight, and it meant watching just one episode of 'big bang theory'. it was a syndicated rerun, the one when Sheldon first meets amy Farrah fowler. I got some egg rolls from a holiday station for my dinner before I went there. I did ones about polar plunge, internet dating failures, and a panhandler in the skyway. after the show I went to get some ice cream at a mcdonald's. I liked how just paying attention netted more coins for my change bank. it was 56 cents, 4 dimes a nickel and 11 pennies. it helped to speak up when at first the order-taker didn't give me my change.

No comments:

Post a Comment