Sunday, February 26, 2017

gatsby's pizza, arlington heights

after attending the Chicago wolves hockey game in Rosemont tonight, I went to a bar and did karaoke. it was Gatsby's pizza in Arlington heights. I did 3 songs: 'better man' by clint black, 'hand in my pocket' by alanis morissette, and 'same old love' by selena Gomez. as usual, I liked the stage time.
   I also went to the shedd aquarium, on Chicago's museum campus. first visit there since age 8. and I tried finding the historical marker about a 1930s gangster shootout in barrington, but I think I found where it USED to be. I saw a rock and the bolt marks, with a shadow on it. so it means more research to find out what happened to it.
   the wolves beat the iowa wild 4-1. it was tied 1-1 for a while, but there was a flurry of 3 goals after the midway point of the 3rd period. then there was a big fight just after the wolves went up 4-1, frustration maybe? 5 players left the ice, but it appeared to be 'technical' ejections as it was '5 for fighting' penalties and there was less than 5 minutes left in the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment