Tuesday, February 14, 2017

karaoke, the suitable replacement

I went to my regular open-mic and it was canceled as not enough people had showed up by a certain time. so after I spoke with whopper for a few minutes I decided to go to another venue and do karaoke. this was the one I was at in December where I knew the button likes to perform at regularly. I did two songs tonight, first was 'whatever' by godsmack. 'doing the best I can' speaks to me well. the other was 'umbrella' by rihanna and jay-z. the second song I had a longtime friend in mind- who had a tough time after his wife left him. I may have met a new friend there, who at first asked to sing along with me during the second song. we spoke after I was done. she is a nursing student, I gave out my business card and extended the invitation to find me on facebook.
   at the office there was ice cream treats for two dollars, a fundraiser, but I turned it down as I had plenty of ice cream over the weekend. I used my 2 for 1 dairy queen blizzard coupon.

No comments:

Post a Comment