Wednesday, February 1, 2017

trash and treasure

as the saying goes, 'one man's trash is another man's treasure'. I am finding this out this week at the office. it is a clean-up week, and there are carts available for throwing things out. I have claimed a few things that I know I can use, even if it is small things like pencils it is worth it. another would be a stapler, as the one I had been using kept jamming on me. I saw some flower pots left in the main breakroom and it reminded me of having one stowed away. so I placed it in there with the others, along with a 3-hole punch I hadn't used at all after claiming it a while back. I also claimed a t-shirt this week, along with some framed advertising art.
  tonight I made it to the performance venue. I did ones about karaoke, work spouse, computer name, library grand opening, twins fan-fest, we don't call it that, and a green day song. I was asked by the m.c. what mary tyler moore history I knew. I just spoke of what my dad would say about the opening segment where mary throws her hat in the air.
  before I ventured out to perform I saw something on t.v. about what had happened on this date in history. one of those things was the janet Jackson 'wardrobe malfunction' at the super bowl. there was a claim that the website known as youtube started when the founder was frustrated about being unable to find the video. will have to check the story further. I also picked up some supplies at the family dollar. one of those items was a can of chili, my dinner this evening. also picked up some toilet paper and a CD, the 'pretty in pink' movie soundtrack. now it means finding out if the library has this movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment