Saturday, February 11, 2017

big ten night, t-wolves game

I went to big ten night at the MN Timberwolves basketball game tonight. there was food and drink- party snacks- at the Mayo Building near the arena before the game. I had some wine as they were out of beer by the time I arrived. like many others, I was wearing my big ten gear. in my case it was an iowa hawkeye sweatshirt. my ticket also included shooting from the foul line after the game. my shot was errant, no surprise there. the wolves lost to new Orleans 122-106, but I liked being part of a group outing like this one. it says it was a 'first annual', so I am hopeful there will be more of the same for years to come.
   I did a half-day at work so I could be at the game for festivities a little earlier. it was a good idea as there were other things I wanted to do before departing for the game. I saw a physician for a blocked ear and given a prescription, then went to the library and printed some things. then it meant doing pay-by-phone on two bills and canceling an internet dating membership that would be renewing soon. I had it for a year, and half of that year was free due to their guarantee, yet it yielded nothing. one match contacted me, which is why I joined. but I never heard from them again after being told their mom died. the other only said 'not interested' when I got a response. I am keeping e-harmony as it has yielded some actual dates, and match didn't. at work I still got another page submitted for the sale project before leaving at 12noon, and I liked seeing another article of mine published in our weekly newsletter. this one is about our department, a quarterly writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment