Saturday, February 11, 2017

replacement DVD player

i tried playing a DVD movie tonight and it wouldn't play. so I knew I had to go back to best buy and get a replacement DVD player. didn't expect to be back there so quickly, a week after getting a new TV. this one is much smaller than the RCA, and is a Sony. seems to play fine once I got things figured out by reading the owner's manual on getting it hooked up. though at one point I had a 'CSI Miami' rerun on and it was in Spanish, so I don't know what button I pushed to get there. I would have to check the owner's manual to confirm how long I had the RCA, but I am thinking at least a decade as the first DVD I played on it was 'Fahrenheit 9/11'. this sony apparently also plays CDs, would have to read further as to how.
   I did some of the typical chores and errand running, after going to mcdonald's this morning to have an egg mcmuffin. it meant picking up four e-bay orders at the post office, then on to jc penney in Roseville where I wanted to use a gift card that arrived by email as I am part of their loyalty program. I got socks and undies with it. I printed some things at the library, then it was on to dairy queen to use a 2-for-1 blizzard coupon that was expiring soon. as usual I ate one there and took one home that went into the freezer. when I got home I fell asleep in my easy chair and I slept for a while. then I got up and went to the grocery store before the 6pm news was on. I notified a friend through facebook that I wanted to see the show he was an MC at, big crowds there tonight. I ended up sitting in the back near where he was, and laughed a lot. this was the DC native. many of the jokes I had heard before, but I still liked them. I also knew the middle performer, she is from fargo and we have some of the same friends. the headliner was from los angeles, and did plenty of jokes about the president. then it was on to social commentary, and he was good at it, especially about dating relationships. I picked up the DVD player just before the show started, and left it in the trunk of my car. I figured this was a better idea than trying to stash it somewhere at the venue. I liked how some of the staff recognized me.

No comments:

Post a Comment