Sunday, February 12, 2017

pretty in pink movie

since I got the newer DVD player, I was able to watch 'pretty in pink', on loan from the library. I found it to be relatable, the class struggles in high school. of course this meant I knew what it was like to be from the 'wrong side of the tracks' like the molly ringwald character. I found the jon cryer character, duckie, to be annoying. I was most impressed with the annie potts character, who molly worked for at the music shop. most relatable was the prom fiasco, where she said she was going anyway to 'prove to them that they didn't break me'. what prompted me to find it was having bought the movie soundtrack at the neighborhood family dollar store. I did listen to it, finally, when I was driving tonight, taking it back to the library. I got to all of the songs on it except the last one, 'please let me get what I want', by the smiths. only got through part of that song. of course I recognize it from another john hughes movie, 'ferris bueller', but that one was an instrumental version, and the one in 'pink' had lyrics.
    I did go out performing at the donut party this afternoon, after getting my laundry done. I did ones about the DVD player, watching the movie, polar plunge, cookies at office, another internet dating rejection, and big ten night.
   tonight I called my dad, first time since just before Christmas. it was a long call as usual, and I know I gained at least one thing from it. he said there was a relative who had went to college, one of his uncles. I did check the obit, and it does mention how he 'attended' the u. of northern iowa. but I wonder if that means he did not graduate. I was familiar with how he served in world war two. I did not know him that well, just that he died in 1993. unsure how hard it would be to find his college records. but I know I can start somewhere, and it means finding online who to best contact.

No comments:

Post a Comment