Friday, September 16, 2011

Pinstripes and Football

It took some patience, but I was satisfied with getting pinstripes painted back on a Snoopy figurine. The pinstripes were due to the suit, as it was a gangster theme. I did it after going to a high school football game tonight. Liked seeing a streetrod parked next to the stadium, so I got a picture of the car. St. Paul Highland Park beat Humboldt 20-8, Highland Park trailed 8-7 at halftime after a field goal try hit the crossbar. At first I said I would have liked seeing them get more than 2 field goals from 2 fumbles, but it was enough, putting them ahead 13-8. Humboldt turned it over on downs late after a pass was incomplete, a trapped ball.  Highland Park added another touchdown, eventually sealing it with an interception. I don't like seeing dropped passes, there were a few. But there were many more line penalties, offside penalties that is, and I didn't like seeing that either. Humboldt went ahead early 8-0 on a touchdown set up by a long run by a fullback, which brought them to first and goal. Highland Park eventually rode 'big mo', which can change quickly. After fumbling a punt return and giving it back, the defense had a goal line stand. I still like how high school football works well as entertainment, a reminder of my small-town Iowa days. It's everywhere and cheap to get in, I paid $5 which is cheaper than many movie tickets. The food and drink was also competitively priced, a hot dog for $2, popcorn and a can of soda pop was $1 each. It was kind of chilly and windy, but I did my best to bundle up there. After all, many of us are familiar with the term known as football weather.
   At work I had a 'one on one' meeting with my boss, something they regularly have at my employer. It was odd how I was advised to look at opportunities at another office nearby, since our growth has been flat in the past 3 years. We have been on the attrition system, where we don't replace those who leave since we aren't busy enough. I would like to find something where I'm challenged more, and some have already transferred to this other office. Thanks to the mentoring program I am in I could easily lean on those I know to network for what is available.

No comments:

Post a Comment