Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Thoreau and Mail

Called the post office today and asked them to start delivering mail again since I was back in town and didn't see any on monday. After work I went through it, sadly very little if any was truly relevant. There were a few magazines, but some were actually catalogs that I don't order from. Still don't know how I got on their mailing list. I am reminded of studying Henry David Thoreau in high school, who was a recluse. He said he could easily do without the post office. I ended up shredding most of the past week's mail. It may motivate me not to renew a few magazine subscriptions, especially those that I don't read too often. Actually, very few of them are read, hard to find the time when doing comedy and dating somebody.
   Made it to the comedy club after sending 4 items in the mail, 2 were bills. One was a clearinghouse entry, the final one was a request to be taken off the mailing list of a nonprofit. Hadn't been to this club in a few weeks due to scheduling conflicts, there was a rough road leading to the club but I managed. The contest is done now, so it's back to open-mic nights. It was nice to see one friend onstage of course, hadn't seen him in a while. After the show I went to move my date's car, who is still in Florida until Wednesday. There was a notice about work to be done on the driveway. I had a tough time at first figuring out the key, it was a 'hidden' or 'magic' key. The yellow tape was already up for some reason, seemed to be too soon based on the notice given. I drove over it, and it broke, so I re-tied it once the car was moved.

No comments:

Post a Comment