Monday, September 26, 2011

Writer Meeting

Went to a writer meeting after work at a library, it lasted over an hour until the library closed at 8pm. It was the first event I had attended since the convention in Detroit in June. There were some networking events in bars, but I couldn't find the coordinators there.  It's much easier to find them in a library conference room. Since we didn't get everything discussed by the time we needed to leave, the meeting continued outside for a little while. I had hoped to discuss more business than we did, but the main consensus was to meet again later on. Unfortunately many were unsatisfied, for various reasons. One of these being how the scheduling doesn't work for some who want to participate. Others say they are too busy to continue. I attended even though I preferred a different day of the week. I say this because it meant giving up one of my comedy nights to be there. Hopefully we will get things more settled soon. We even had somebody join us by phone, since they didn't want to drive all the way from Bemidji. It was meant to be a skype call but that wasn't working at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment