Thursday, June 30, 2011

Parking Ticket

Wasn't thrilled to get a parking ticket on my car when I went out to do laundry tonight. Had hoped it was just an advertising flyer. All I did was park close to a crosswalk, but it does appear to be one of the cheaper fines available. Somehow I avoided tickets this winter, in spite of all the snow emergencies. Will try to learn from it on where to park. I'm sure a comedian friend has done a joke about it.
   Tried to call a college roommate tonight, he was tired and advised me to send an email later on. We spoke for just over 6 minutes, and I was allowed to do much of the talking so I knew something was up.
   Bought some Civil War stamps at lunchtime today, had heard there was some available as it's the 150th anniversary. There was just 12 stamps on the sheet instead of 20. There were 2 kinds, Fort Sumter and Bull Run. One of them will get used right away, as I am sending in 2 receipts from the writer convention for reimbursement, 2 meals from the first day.
    Looks like the state government shutdown will be happening, no agreement yet on the budget. But I found out the concerts at the zoo will go on as scheduled despite the zoo being state-owned. I have a ticket for a show there in August, Big Head Todd.   

No comments:

Post a Comment