Sunday, September 20, 2015

Edsel And De Soto

    I went to a car show this afternoon at a Catholic church, it was St. Jerome in Maplewood. I liked getting pictures of two 1959 model cars there that I don't see too often- an Edsel and a De Soto. I think they stopped making both just a few years later. I know the Edsel was mentioned in the Billy Joel song 'We didn't start the fire'. Edsel is a no-go was a reference to it being a famous failure. I went to this event as there was a Booya soup serving, these feeds are common around here this time of year. Though it was a little cup, so I did want more to eat and got it. Outside was a tent that served cheeseburgers, the soup was served in the gym. There was some singers in another tent, I think one young lady was singing a Taylor Swift song, the one about stay away from Juliet. The Vikings-Lions game was on TV there, Vikings were leading at the half. After this I went on to a Dairy Queen to use a 2 for 1 blizzard coupon, I got a pumpkin pie blizzard and a banana split. I ate the pumpkin one there and got a cover for the other. It was getting a little soupy in the shop so I knew it was a good idea to get it home soon and into the freezer. I slept for a while after getting home. I called my dad in the evening and spoke of the car show. As usual it was a long call, but we don't talk on the phone all that often. He spoke of possibly sending me more books to read, I have finished two of the previous three. I prefer finishing the other one before I get more.

No comments:

Post a Comment