Monday, September 21, 2015

Feminist Art

   There was a going away party tonight for Chameleon, who is going back to California. One thing I saw as I arrived was art with a feminist quote on it, as I recall I was told it was a quote by Madeleine Albright, former Secretary of State. Great as usual to hear her band perform, Stillwater was a guitarist in the back. I got the 'how right I was' feeling during this part of the show, being in the right place tonight and of course making the right choice to start performing comedy. I know I have had this feeling before, a powerful one, while at comedy shows. Another time was at a New Years Eve show when I was living in suburban Chicago, more than a year after moving there. In many ways it seems to fit with discussing benchmarks and milestones in my life with my Ohio friend. I liked the former term and she liked the latter. And it led to me sharing a photo from last year's Iowa City visit that was a benchmark art series. I did this on Twitter.
   Also at the comedy club, Sub teacher did one about good evening, where I got a shout-out. Others were about history of sluts, then naming some of them including Debbie of Dallas. Then he did some more history jokes, including Alexander Hamilton, followed by the Civil War. Conga Line did ones about like everyone else, pack up Subaru, suction, Mall of America lost and found, much obliged, walk dogs, clown car, and don't pet me I'm working. Grizzly Adams did ones about on tour with Chameleon, homeowner keep renting, whales on Netflix, Taz and Sublime tats, college commercials, Fighting Sioux mascot, cops like the rest of us, servers, Taylor Swift, Michael Jackson, Metallica, U2, and Dave Matthews. A veteran comic who has 2 CDs was next, he did ones about magic shop, Superman, therapist, soup kitchen, Ticketmaster, copper wire, Walmart shoppers, text message, Midol customer service, she was crazy, stun gun, lingerie, Bruce Springsteen, pizza in oven, security alarms, will work for food, and burglar in ski mask. The former bartender did ones about dating lady with kid, Dad cremated, spoon, and weed deal. Brew did ones about sold drugs, student loans, herpes, became engaged, hide condoms, and dumb girl. Others were about idiot nymphomaniac, and sky diving. Laundry did ones about made buttons, hot dogs, dog whistle, drinking games, bakery prison hooker, sex and consequences, bumper cars at Mall of America, slap fight, and roundabout.

No comments:

Post a Comment