Thursday, September 17, 2015

Pajeda's Corn Chips

    I bought 2 bags of Pajeda's corn chips this week from the discount table at the grocery store, just finished the second tonight. It's a small bag, 6 ounces. Discounted from one dollar to 75 cents, just expired on September 2. It is made by Axium foods, owned by McCleary, Inc. of S. Beloit, Illinois. They call themselves the beacon of value. I know this town is near Rockford. On the back of the bag it says thank you for your support twice, and asks why pay more? Then it gives the web address and 'We would love to hear what you think'.
    I stayed in tonight and it was nice to get caught up on paperwork. I watched some of the football game, Broncos beat the Chiefs 31-24, aided by turnovers. Before then it was reruns on Antenna TV, Jeffersons, All in the Family, and Family Ties. Also nice to find the paper money I got during a visit to a Mexican border town in 1989, my first plane ride, to Tucson, AZ. It is a 2000 peso note and I will be sending it to the office, were I have some other collectibles already.
    One of things I found was notes about music I had heard at events in the past month. It included Saints game- your beautiful soul, obladi oblada, we are young, and touch myself. at the state fair it was bittersweet symphony, only one/fire, hey mama, welcome to paradise, an teach your children well. I know one is Beatles, as well as Fun (period), the Verve, Melissa Etheridge, Dave Guetta and Nicki Minaj, and Green Day. The final one reminds me of the movie 'Running with Scissors'. Melissa's reminds me of being in college at an Iowa-Purdue football game, and seeing the snow blown around by the wind where it looked like it was snowing sideways. It was a hit that year.

No comments:

Post a Comment