Monday, September 7, 2015

Italian Soda, Banana

   I went to the Renaissance Festival in the afternoon and one of the drinks I got was Italian soda, banana flavored. It tasted good, it was made from syrup and some cherries were placed in it. I also got a Gyro sandwich and an apple dumpling with cinnamon ice cream, as well as some bottled water. I at first wanted a prime rib sandwich, but I was passed over when I became first in line and said I was leaving because of it. No need to make too big of a deal out of it, the only thing a business cares about is sales and I wasn't going to give them one after the way I was treated. I went to see the Robin Hood show as two of my friends were in it, one of them played Little John. I also made it to the mermaid cove. One place tried to get me to do a Castle Escape game, saying it was fun. But it cost more than what I had paid to get into the festival. I also predicted that I would get frustrated and quit, kind of like what I saw in Toronto in July and didn't do then either. I liked hearing one singing group do their version of 'Royals' by Lorde. There were some new exhibits in the King's Dungeon like a St. Andrew's cross. One musician had a tattoo on her arms saying 'Mostly harmless'. Near the end of my time there I saw some friends from the comedy circuit, including Brawler. He was there with some club employees, near the big rocking horse. No doubt I got some comedy material there, from merchants. When I made it back home in the evening I went to get dinner at Super-America like I do on most Mondays. There was also some activity from the internet dating account, hard to say what it will yield. One of them is at email stage, and spoke of being from Bosnia. It reminded me of how the war there was a big news story when I was in college, and led to the U2 song with Pavarotti, the opera singer, called 'Miss Sarajevo'. It was about a beauty pageant during the war, and the contestants held up a banner saying 'Don't let them kill us'. Still makes me kind of sad when I see it. I spoke of how a classmate from high school married somebody from the former Yugoslavia, and she got out for college right before the war got really bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment