Saturday, September 12, 2015

I Just Wanted Candy

    I went to a comedy show at Bryant Lake Bowl in Minneapolis tonight, called 'I just wanted candy'. The Alabama photographer was show closer, she was the only performer I knew. I heard about it due to a Facebook posting. I liked hearing some of her jokes that I hadn't heard before, like putting on a wetsuit and a reference to the movie 'St. Elmo's Fire'. I had a can of Schlitz after the show, and I was getting frustrated trying to get served at the bar as I seemed to be in some server's way, twice. So I moved to an end of the bar. When I got home eventually I had a bottle of Miller, and now there is just one left from the six-pack when Dad visited three weeks ago. I also found a Comedy Central special that Mitch Hedberg did, on Youtube. My boss assigned it as homework for the weekend, he knows I do stand-up.
    I made it to the post office and there was a shipment from the Texas tourist bureau. I had signed up for some information at the state fair. There was also the Amazon order, trailer park girl's comedy CD arrived. It was in a little pizza box, and it said 'Caution: spicy jokes'. I went to the library to print things, and after it I went to JC Penney, inside Rosedale Mall in Roseville, to use a gift card. I needed some all-purpose shoes, as I noticed how worn my current ones are. An employee did ask if I needed help, I said I do stand-up comedy and needed to form my words carefully. I wanted slip-on shoes that were comfortable as I am on my feet a lot at my office job. Not many fit this description. I happened to be eyeing the pair I ended up getting at this time.        

No comments:

Post a Comment