Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Reese's Peanut Butter Chips

    I like getting discount table items. This week it included a bag of Reese's peanut butter chips. I just finished them earlier today. they taste good, better than the peanut butter cups.
   I got stage time at the comedy club tonight, at a crowd work show through the Belarus native. I shared stage time with Perkins. I was invited onstage and we proved to have good comedy chemistry, me being the straight performer. Since I claim Bob Newhart as a comedy influence doing deadpan delivery on jokes is a natural thing for me. Actually I performed at two venues, after the first show was done I went to my regular one for this night of the week. I liked hearing Angel of Harlem and a reference to the movie Whiplash at the nightcap. The lid-lifter show included me being invited back to the stage, which led to me getting a marriage proposal from somebody I had just met through sub teacher last week. I had a look of disbelief when this happened. If it was meant as a joke, I wasn't laughing at all. Another notable thing was the ex-cop in his cop uniform.
    For the second half of the workday we had a benefit meeting. I learned some things there but it isn't much fun having to sit through this kind of meeting. Even though there were some breaks, as well as food and drink. Sounds like I may have a pension plan in addition to my 401-k. It means doing more research about it online. I still prefer a shorter meeting, I am used to one hour or less and this one was nearly four.

No comments:

Post a Comment