Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Stop For Pedestrian

   Probably sounded worse than it really was. Tonight I was driving over to an event in Minneapolis and somebody decided to stop for a pedestrian even though they weren't in the crosswalk just yet. So I had to stop real quick and it sounded like a panic stop as it was wet, having rained earlier in the day.
   I was on my way to attend the first of two meetings for haunted house season. I liked performing there last year. I was one of about 35 there, and when we did introductions and heard 'Hi' back at us it sounded loud. I plan on doing the other meeting next week. While there I got one photo, it was a parody of the Grant Wood painting 'American Gothic', posted on a first aid box that was hung on a wall. I did recognize an event coordinator from last year, but my butt hurt from having to sit on the concrete floor for a while as I was listening to another coordinator.
   I liked how we were done after about two hours, instead of the allotted three, as it meant I could get over to the comedy club earlier. When announced for my stage time I was flattered to hear I was the favorite comic of some of the performers there.       
    Also at the comedy club, I heard plenty of music. There was Valerie, coming home, say it ain't so, and carry me home. There was also 'Ball and chain' by Social Distortion. A McNally art student did she's a killing machine I love her, Wrecking Ball by Miley Cyrus, pumped up kicks, call me maybe, and somebody I used to know in a medley. House band is called Shenanigans. The show runner is doing tambourine. The song was without love, where would you be right now. Enable mind did never meant to let you down. It was followed by I like to get down with funky sound. Then it was hip hop serving breakfast celebration, the struggle of life. Then it was Airway, followed by recorded music. get down get down, jungle boogie. There was a violin player, $20 in pocket, this is awesome. Next was a guitar player called Cahill, who also did photos and video earlier. A simple kind of man, a request to take it off. Then there was American Girl by Tom Petty, All of my love to you by Led Zeppelin. I like the line about one voice is clear above the din. Then there was Basket Case by Green Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment