Monday, May 15, 2017

animal crackers movie, 1930

this was a full day for me and activities. first was a movie at the trylon micro-cinema in Minneapolis in the afternoon, 'animal crackers', a marx brothers movie. not sure if I had seen one before. but I liked it, I feel that the jokes hold up well even though the movie was made a while back, in 1930. as far as I know it was my first time at this venue. I ordered my ticket in advance through paypal, and I took a good look around at the area after my car was parked. it meant plenty of photos. a man outside the nearby coffee shop asked if I had a cigarette, I said no. but we still talked for a few minutes after that. but then it was getting closer to the start time of the movie, so I said 'I have got to go'. they weren't kidding when they said it was small, as I nearly missed it when driving past. resistable comic arrived after I did.
   after this I went to a Walgreen across the river and got some supplies. but the construction on the road near the store made it harder to get in and out of the parking lot. I did not go home after that, as I wanted to get to the Minnesota lynx basketball game at the xcel center in st. paul. lynx were playing Chicago, and the lynx won 70-61. the halftime margin was the same, 44-35. I did not have any food and drink there, as I wasn't hungry enough to be willing to pay the given prices. I ate at a super-America instead. I decided to do the dishes when I was home, but it wasn't for long. I wanted to get to the final open-mic night at willy's in coon rapids. there was various gimmicks, I was part of 'march sadness' and advanced to the third and final round. this included jokes about the events I attended this weekend, as well as ones about taco bell. and I did one about the way people acted around me when I was in a relationship.


No comments:

Post a Comment