Saturday, May 13, 2017

hoodlum movie, 1951

tonight I decided to stay in and watch a movie on DVD, 'hoodlum'. it was a 'film noir' from 1951, I found it at a Walgreen. I have had it for a few months, it just hadn't topped my priority list on seeing it. I see the storyline as still being relevant in this day and age. it begins with a convict at a parole hearing. he is released, and ends up working at his brother's gas station. but a life of crime is still tempting, and it isn't long before he turns to crime again.
   before I watched the DVD I did venture out to have my evening meal, and I went to the Chicago hot dog place. I may have been inspired by the 'big bang theory' rerun I had just watched. it was the one where Sheldon decides to ride the rails for a while. and he speaks of the hot dog stands he sees at different train stations. after that I went to the nearby cooper's grocery store to see if there was anything I wanted from the discount table. there was, one item was a can of ravioli. the others were snack items, a cup of applesauce, and a box of little Debbie snack cakes. the cakes were left over from easter.
   it was a bust day at the office, as I had to cover for a colleague that was taking a vacation day. I got through the payoff report and new titles by the end of the day, but just barely. I also submitted an article for 'news to know', our newsletter, but I was told by the editor how there was no space left so it would have to wait until next week. no big deal, as long as it gets published.

No comments:

Post a Comment