Sunday, May 28, 2017

otter's saloon

I wanted to do some karaoke tonight, and I went to a place called otter's saloon in Minneapolis for the first time. I had driven past it and saw mention of karaoke '365 days a year'. the song I did was 'let her cry' by hootie and the blowfish. it was more than an hour of waiting for my turn, but I liked seeing some of the performers before me. one of them did a hank Williams song that I had never heard of. I had been familiar with the song, and video, for a while. but it can take on a different meaning when singing it as karaoke. in my case I liked ' let her sing, if it eases all her pain'. seemed to fit well for doing karaoke, as singing does help ease my pain much like any other performing does. it was a crowded bar so I am not sure how often I will go there for stage time, at least it was crowded tonight.
   I wanted to perform after attending my first saints baseball game of the season. the saints lost to the Kansas city T-bones 5-2. the saints runs were scored on solo home runs, and the saints never led in this one. whopper's cousin was pitching. twice they had the bases loaded and then there was an inning-ending double play. there was also one inning where two runners were left on base. it was also food truck night and fireworks night as it is memorial day weekend. I said the lines were too long for food when I wanted some early on in the game, but could afford to wait as I wasn't hungry just yet. there was 12 food trucks on the warning track in the outfield, I chose 'tot boss'. I had some chicken tenders and tater tots, along with bottled water. I went back to the seating area to eat. then rain started to fall, but I was about halfway through eating by then. I still decided to finish up quickly as there was an announcement encouraging fans to leave the field as it was expected to rain for about 10 minutes. the fireworks were great, as usual there was music played during this time. I recognized songs like 'chicken fried' by the zac brown band, and 'kiss' by prince. I did laundry before heading for the stadium.

No comments:

Post a Comment