Saturday, May 6, 2017

walk off home run

went to the twins baseball game tonight. it ended on a walk-off home run by joe mauer, the twins beat the boston red sox 4-3. boston was trailing 3-1 in the 9th and tied it. Boston never led in this contest. it was my annual visit to see a boston red sox game as it is the way I keep the memory alive of my favorite movie, 'good will hunting'. I had a seat in the upper deck, first base side. I stayed there as long as I could, but it was really windy after a while. I left my seat after the 7th inning stretch and went to a lower level, where I was more shielded from the wind, for the rest of the game.
   at the office, we had a department meeting at midday, make your own sandwich. then there was bingo later on, Spanish words as it was cinco de mayo.
   I heard from one of the people I knew when living in suburban Chicago, the frontman for a local band. but he doesn't recall us working at the same temp job. bummer. trying to think of what I might say to unlock the memory. I know he joked about how well I could quote my favorite movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment