Saturday, May 27, 2017

strike theater

tonight I went to a show that was a fundraiser for a theater troupe. it was at strike theater in Minneapolis, in a building that looks like it was a factory or warehouse. whopper was a big part of the show, as was the david spade look-alike. they did plenty of comedy sketches, I liked the ones about the kid brother as well as the one about the interrupted wedding. I took a good look around at the building, and got plenty of photos. I know it was hard to find the theater venue at first, as I didn't see the sign right away from the road. I drove around the backside of the building, a bumpy road, and then tried again, seeing the sign the second time. so I parked and went around the front of the building to enter it. I said 'I am here if you need me' in relation to any shows they happen to be doing in the near future. I had a beer there, it was a 'suggested dontation' besides the admission fee. kind of funny how a crowd member said 'stop thanking us, weirdo' to david and found out it wasn't part of the act, but he still knew him.
   it was a busy day at work, as I was covering for a colleague that decided to start the holiday weekend early. so I was on my own doing the payoff report, and we had new titles as well, more than 200. I also had to copy the titles. but I made it through, with just enough time to get out at my normal leave time. I am thankful I don't have days like these every day, but when they happen I like how the day seems to go quickly. I did see the attorney on the bus in the evening, first time in a while. I spoke of some 'announcements' at my office last week, and how I was invited to a 1-year-old's birthday party this weekend. she said that the birthday is more for the parents as the kid won't recall it.

No comments:

Post a Comment