Wednesday, May 3, 2017

loopholes

at the performance venue tonight I liked hearing the spoken word performer. the first poem had good imagery and it finally dawned on me about the term 'loophole' referring to exploiting contracts. since one line was 'every loop has a hole'. the second poem was 'by yourself'- a time-honored one. I liked the contrast in writing since he spoke of the team barry bonds played for, the giants. and it was followed by the opposite of a giant. I did ones about late for lunch, a fellow bus rider, ending an internet dating match, French weekend, 2 panhandlers, and turning in an ATM card. the last happened to me while walking through the skyway at midday, at least the 3rd time I have witnessed this. an office colleague was in line at the bank when it happened. hard to ignore how he just walked away from the ATM with his card still in it, and there was annoying beeps after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment