Saturday, May 27, 2017

super-hero birthday

I went to a 1-year-old's birthday party this afternoon, probably hadn't been to one before except for my own. it was at a private home, for some reason I was expecting it to be at a community room in some public building. it was a super-hero theme, but I did not have a super-hero costume. I said the only one I own is the slasher from the 'scream' movies, and that is not kid-friendly. so I said I would show up wearing a 'star wars' shirt and call it good. I knew the parents from performing, as I recall their blog nicknames are Hillary Clinton look-alike, and dictionary or cardigan. I mostly write about my own performing now and not my friends, so hard to recall all nicknames. I did take plenty of photos there, but decided to stress quality and shared just three on facebook. one of them was the little girl enjoying her cake. another was enjoying one of the toys, I think it is called a 'corn popper'. I know it reminded me of a joke on 'the simpsons' as the professor wanted to paly with it more than the kids in the preschool or kindergarten class. there were some I saw there that I hadn't seen much lately, this would be grizzly adams, as well as the photographer. I had a cheeseburger, a hot dog, and a beer from Wisconsin that I hadn't heard of before. there was also some oreo bars, along with cornbread cupcakes. by the early evening I decided to leave, as I had been there for a while and needed to go do some more errands and chores. this included going to Walgreen to get photos scanned on a disc, hadn't done it since February. and go to the grocery store.
   before the party I did plenty of errands. this included going to my p.o. box, two e-bay orders were waiting, two state quarters from this year as I am collecting them and wanted to get them in the map. I also turned in some change at the bank, just under 15 dollars. I went to the library, got a hair cut, and picked up another CD at cheapo records. it was alice in chains, greatest hits. thankful it was available as I saw how it had mostly songs from 'dirt' and 'jar of flies', didn't want to get both if I could help it. as the saying goes, make it count and get just one. since I now have a car with a CD player, since June, I was able to listen to it right away while out doing errands. I really like 'them bones', one I recall hearing at a burlesque show. I said the song worked really well for the scene. and sometimes I am in the mood for heavy metal, and that is one of the categories the band is in.

No comments:

Post a Comment