Thursday, May 11, 2017

hey, I'm from Iowa!

my workday started off with me yelling at a colleague. he swore when he spoke of Iowa, my native state. I said 'hey, I'm from Iowa! how would you like it if I was bad-mouthing your home state?' he is from Wisconsin. he did show up at my cube and said it was related to the titling regulations in that state, something I already knew. but I was still disgusted about it. he has done this before, making disparaging remarks about the Iowa caucuses. we hadn't talked much in a while, as I got annoyed with getting unsolicited advice about my dating relationship. the day did get better after that, kind if had to as there was nowhere to go but up. we had pizza from davanni's if I am not mistaken, as a thank you for or hard work for a recent project. some of it was deep dish, I liked it. my 'work spouse' spoke of not liking being the center of attention about personal accomplishments. I said I often feel the same way, even though i am a performer. there was 'slow claps' when we were leaving the conference room where this luncheon was being held.
   i watched 3 'big bang theory' episodes tonight. syndicated rerun was when penny got fired from an acting gig in a movie, playing a gorilla. and raj saw Emily again. prime time episode was the season finale, Sheldon was tempted by somebody from his past. and it was a 'cliffhanger' as it ended with him flying to Princeton to see amy Farrah fowler. there was another episode after the season finale, not sure if i had seen it before. it was about Sheldon and amy visiting his mom in texas. and Bernadette was upset that the baby kept crying. i laughed a lot watching the season finale, more so than most episodes i think. i even said so on facebook and twitter.
   after this was done i did the customary long walk around the neighborhood. it yielded plenty of coins, just over a dollar's worth. it was 3 quarters, 1 dime, 1 nickel, 11 pennies. as usual, plenty was found at the car wash. but i was surprised to find so many quarters, though i will find good use for them. i also looked up a few things on my list, one of them being marx brothers movies being shown at a local 'micro cinema'.

No comments:

Post a Comment